Crystal Grids: What Are They & How Do They Work?
What Are Crystal Grids?
Crystal grids or crystal layouts can sometimes be more powerful than using a single crystal for an intended goal. They are made by the placement of crystals in a crystal grid template for the specific purpose of directing energy toward a goal. The crystals are then charged with your intention and energy
Multiple crystals placed in specific geometric patterns produce unified energy fields. Energy grids of different shapes can be created with varying effects upon the consciousness. By sitting in the centre of a grid and holding a focal crystal an individual becomes part of the grid’s energy network.
Why Use a Crystal Grid?
A grid can be set up for a simple purpose such as for
- Restful sleep
- For health
- For healing
- For money or abundance on all levels
- For your home
or something more elaborate:
- Clearing & protecting a space
- Re-charging crystals
- Inducing dream/meditative states
- Generating energy
- Moving energy/attachments
- Opening/clearing chakras
- Creating a medicine wheel to connect with nature spirits
- Accessing Akashic records, past/future lives etc
Location of a Crystal Grid
Grids can be set up in varying sizes. A small grid can be placed on a table in a room, or they can be set up to include your home or whole property. They can be placed almost anywhere to facilitate/generate energy:
- At special events to bring in energy for the occasion
- In your garden to reconnect with nature spirits
- In your healing room to energise, clear and protect your working space
- In the home or office
Steps to Setting Up Your Grid
1. Determine its purpose - being clear on what your grid is for is the first step as it will focus and amplify your feelings, thoughts and intentions. Having a clear focus is the key to empowering the crystal’s energy. Your intention is what you will use to charge the crystals.
2. Decide on the size - a grid set upon a tray is just as powerful as one that is large enough to lie within. Sometimes you may want to feel the energies of the crystals as you lie within them.
3. Find a location - If you’re making a grid for better sleep, around your bed will be an obvious location. If you are making a smaller grid, finding somewhere that it won’t be disturbed for as long as you want it set up for, is an important factor. Remember, if you move your crystals, you alter the formation which alters the vibration and therefore may become less effective for the purpose your intended. You can check and ask via your intuition, if you need to reset the grid, or you can ask your guides/Archangel Michael that the grid continues its work even if the crystals get moved or bumped.
4. Clear and clean the space - this purifies and clears the energy in the location you have decided upon. Any space clearing method will work such as burning sage, lighting candles, chiming crystal bowls or Tibetan chimes.
5. Cleanse & charge your crystals - refer to crystal cleansing techniques to cleanse your crystals before using. Charging your crystals is also an important step. This programs the crystals to be used at their highest good for all concerned and also making it known that only the most positive energy may flow through the crystal. This helps guard against any negative energy clinging to the crystal.
To charge your crystal: sit quietly with the crystal. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Focus on your crystal and sense its energy. See if you can breathe in time with the crystal’s pulse. Visualise a ray of pure white light beaming in from the Universe, into and around your crystal. Now visualize a golden grounding light shining up from the Earth, into and around your crystal. Feel these energies harmonizing and balancing each other within your crystal.
Feel yourself filling up with a sense of love and positive energy and direct this energy out from yourself and into your crystal. You can make a statement that this crystal will only be used for the highest good of all concerned.
Now open your eyes and continue to gaze at your crystal awhile, feeling the love flowing and the intent stated. You can end your session with “It is so.”
6. Crystal layout - Using either your intuition or information gathered on Sacred Geometry principles, lay your crystals in your chosen location.
7. Meditate and empower the grid - relax and centre yourself, visualize your goal as already having been achieved with a calm mind and positive intention.
8. Say a prayer of gratitude - one of the most important and powerful actions you can use to assist in manifesting the goal of your grid.
Have you played around with crystal formations before? Share your insights (and photos if you have them!) below….